1. So, what’s your book all about?
‘Firefighter Down, District One’ is about the main character, Catisha Spadoni, witnessing her father die. Her childhood houses catches on fire and her father, a fire captain saves her. It isn’t until after that day did she find it was arson, and nobody is about to solve the case. After time goes on she begins to follow the firefighter’s duty and decide to go to school to try to solve her father’s case.
2. What inspired you to write this tale?
My father was a firefighter for fifteen years. I wanted to write something about the men and women who put on the gear and fight fire, but I also wanted to write in a mystery form.
3. Do you have a favorite quote about creativity/inspiration etc…? What is it?
Dream as if you will live forever- Live as if you will die today:
4. What things do you keep in your “writing space”? Do they inspire you? Confound you? Hold wires in place?
I keep a lot of pictures in my writing space of my family.
5. What is your perfect “writing space”?
One with grand bookcases and water channel that parted the manuscripts from books and at the very end a circular landing in the waterway with a desk. One can only dream huh?
6. If your car horn could play any song, which would it be? Can’t say Dixie.
‘Love your Love the Most’ Eric Church or ‘A little more Country then that’ by Easton Corbin
7. What would you name the first permanent settlement on mars?
I am not sure, how about Blaizedale Hill or Standlynn.
8. How tall is the perfect sidekick? Please explain why it even matters.
I don’t know if it does matter as long as he or she can do the job!
9. If you were to mess with the time stream, what would you change? Let’s assume a hundred other people already took care of Hitler so you don’t have to say, “Kill Hitler.”
There are a lot of things I would change, but the one major one would be the fact I would make September 11th never have happened. Everyone would still be alive.
10. Let’s say your character has a pet brown bear. What’s the bear’s name?
Would be funny to name him Smokey the Bear since it is a Firefighter story, but I think she would name him Ember.
11. If you had to give an antagonist an annoying trait, what would it be?[Laughing] Take your pick! I have given my antagonist many annoying traits in my book from being mean to being selfish, however she also acts childish.
12. What kind of car would your ultimate protagonist drive?
Besides a fire truck and pickup trucks I think she would love to drive a ford GT sports car, it looks like a Lamborghini. I don’t know if she would have it pink and black or red and white.
13. You’ve got a year to travel anywhere. Where?
Every fire house I could see.
14. You just bought a boat with your book fortune. What are you going to call it?
L’Amore Prova DelFuego ( Love is Fireproof) – I would have said ‘The World Isn’t Enough’ but that name is already taken.
15. What kind of music, if any, gets you typing the fastest?
There is some firefighter songs out there from Firefighter Anthem in which I listen to which gets me typing faster.
16. What’s the punch line to your favorite joke?
I am not sure. I like so many jokes, but I don’t know which would be my favorite.
17. What lyric do you sing poorly, yet loudly?
Too many to name! I am not the greatest singer, but I still sing.
18. You find a portal to another world in your sink’s drain. What is this other world called? And what is the best way to clean the portal so it doesn’t smell like old food?
This Paradox from the portal in my sink would be called ‘Zyegone’ a world filled with peaceful things, such as waterfalls, beautiful architecture. Things that bring me tranquility would be found there.
I would be scrubbing that portal, however I would also be using ultra violet rays to kill the bacteria.
19. Where can people learn more about you, your work or any pets you have?
People can learn about me on facebook, twitter, Google plus and also on my face book fan page.
Twitter: Blaize Nolynne
Blog : https://plus.google.com/u/0/115230980798347376294
20. What’s next?
I am writing Book three of the series. In a couple months the sequel will be available. That is incredibly exciting. When I am done book three I am going to take a short break from the series and write a true story about bullying and what happened to a girl who was bullied.